Multimodal transport of goods
Our transport company carries out multimodal transportations from St. Petersburg across Russia and to other countries. We undertake the whole range of logistical tasks from the selection of transport to the preparation of all the necessary documents. We organise safe and fast delivery of your cargo.
We carry out all types of cargo transportation
Features and types of multimodal delivery method
Multimodal or Mixed transport is the transport of goods under one contract with one carrier by different modes of transport. In this case, the object of transport remains in a large-capacity container or in a detachable body during the change of transport, which allows to speed up loading and unloading operations. Complex method is necessary when delivery by one type of transport is impossible or difficult. For example, cargo is delivered to a port in Russia by road transport, then goes by ship to Turkey, and from there it is sent to Europe by aeroplane.
Multimodal transport can be both international and domestic.
Mixed transport has these advantages:
- reduced delivery time and reduced risk of cargo damage or loss due to fewer loading and unloading operations;
- reduced cost of cargo delivery due to optimisation of the logistics scheme and selection of the most economical means of transport;
- the ability to deliver cargo of any weight, volume and characteristics anywhere in the world.
There is also intermodal mode. Intermodal and multimodal transport operate on the same principle: several modes of transport are used (e.g. road, rail, sea, etc.). At the same time, the difference between intermodal transport and multimodal transport is who is responsible for the entire transport and how contracts and documents are drawn up.
In multimodal transport, the responsibility for the entire transport is borne by the forwarding company, which concludes a single contract with the customer and draws up a single transport document.
In intermodal transport, each section of the route is the responsibility of a separate carrier, which enters into its own contract with the customer or operator and draws up its own transport contract.
Methods of transport
The choice of mode of transport depends on the customer’s needs, the length of the route and various characteristics of the equipment being transported and the delivery time. There are such types of complex transportations:
- Air freight is the fastest method of delivery. Suitable for any cargo, especially small-sized or perishable goods.
Water transport — suitable for the transport of large or heavy objects. Water transport requires shipping lanes and additional modes of transport to reach the destination.
- Railway transport — suitable for large consignments, for transport to remote areas where there is no developed road communication. Transport is carried out in all weather conditions. Railway transport requires coordination with the train schedule.
- Road transport — suitable for any cargo, convenient for delivery to an intermediate destination (airport, seaport, railway station). It depends on road conditions and traffic jams, as well as has restrictions on weight and dimensions.
What is transported multimodal
Multimodal transport allows the delivery of different types of goods, such as:
- Containerised: easy to transfer from one mode of transport to another (clothing, building materials, electronics, etc.)
- Perishable: requires fast delivery and special storage conditions (products of vegetable or animal origin, live plants, medical products, etc.).
- Bulky and heavy: cannot be transported by a single mode of transport (generators, transformers, long pipes, agricultural machinery, etc.).
- Dangerous: subject to special transport rules and regulations (fuel, acids, pesticides, aerosols, fire extinguishers, etc.).
We provide a full range of services
- Selection of suitable cargo transport from our own fleet.
- Organisation of vehicle escort if necessary.
- Registration of special permits and other necessary documents.
- Careful performance of loading and unloading operations.
- Storage of cargo on the territory of the company (St. Petersburg).
- Cargo insurance in case of unforeseen circumstances.
Every vehicle of our company has a monitoring system installed, which allows you to track the location of your cargo in real time.
Flexible pricing policy
We select the optimal route for all types of transport, based on the customer's wishes in terms of delivery time and distance.
Warranty and insurance
We take full responsibility for the goods or equipment entrusted to us, we insure the cargo up to 500 million rubles.
We deliver to any country
Thanks to our wide partnership network and international transportation experience, we can provide reliable and efficient delivery to four corners of the earth.
Entrust your cargo to our transport company. We guarantee successful organisation of multimodal cargo transportation. Cooperating with us, you can be sure that in case of an emergency situation or cargo delay, we will contact you so that you can make changes to the schedule.
Prices for delivery depend on the length of the route, dimensions and weight of the object, as well as the type of transport used. You can get more information by calling the numbers listed on the official website or leaving a request in the feedback form. Our specialists will contact you within 15 minutes, give detailed advice on the cost of services and place an order.
Our clients and partners